Saturday, December 7, 2013

Surrounded By Ice

It was 75 degrees at the Blue Hole this morning when Cheyenne and I went for our morning walk.
For at least the next week I am back on nights as my Trainee does some specialized training with my boss so I have that to look forward to, and even though she doesn't know it Cheyenne will enjoy a return to our regular schedule. I am glad to train as I want more people to get this great job I have, but it is much more stressful training by day than working by night with my buddies.
I was idly wondering what the forecast this week of night work might look like and I saw a horrible picture. Well bugger. Unless you enjoy snow which I don't, I looked at this and read that four people died of hypothermia in San Francisco. Charleston to Tallahassee is the front line holding out bearable temperatures against a continent of frozen water.
The little strip of orange depicted above looks like this on the ground. Reading, in shorts, on the porch.
We will pay for this sooner or later with a monster hurricane, but for now, I'm basking.

4 comments:

Richard M said...

Soon, you too will be assimilated into world of ice and snow while we warm up. It's colder in a lot of places than it is here where it's supposed to be.

Trobairitz said...

I thought the only ice you like are in your cold drinks?

I guess I'll take the snow if I had to choose between it and hurricanes.

Conchscooter said...

I herd ice very caefully when it comes out of the freezer. oo muhc of that stuff is bad for you.

William Lewis said...

I would rather my ice in a tall glass surrounded by my favorite beverage any day. And save he salt for burgers and fries not the streets and sidewalks.