Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Not Mallory Square

Mallory Square is where you go to see the sunset when in Key West. I celebrate the sunset where I find it and hope that as the close of day descends on me I spent it well. The fakirs and romancers may promise life to come or past lives or other such hopes but all I know is what I see and I prefer not to waste the ti e that comes my way. And around here a brilliant winter sun snapped almost without thinking, not framed very well, renders a strangely serene ironically Other Worldly image.


I don't even remember what I was going for but what I got was the image of a golden highway to the Southernmost City, city of dreams. How unexpected.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Rob said...

I'm not sure what it is, maybe the light, or the industrial feel of the powerlines and pylons, but this picture reminds me of the time my family lived in the Philippines. Mainly our trips to Manila to visit family where the only sign of "western" civilization were paved roads, and the occassional high-tension powerline cutting through farm land.

Conchscooter said...

I know very well how odd memories filter through. It happens to me all the time.