Saturday, February 18, 2012

My Dog And Other Wildlife

I used this picture in this morning's essay on the park behind Baby's Coffee on Highway One. I like Cheyenne's pose, not least because she never sits smartly for me when I have a treat, like she did for this stranger, but also because it is classic Labrador.


Like I said she never sits obediently for me. She knows I'm a soft touch and all she has to do is look at me with her liquid brown eyes.


Wildlife on the other hand mistrusts me and prefers to step delicately away.


It's this delicacy of poise that attracts me to Florida's native waders over the rambunctious and messy and noisy imported chickens. Labradors are perfect anywhere.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

PrissyInParadise said...

Welcome back, Conchscooter. Your love for Cheyenne makes my heart smile, a perfect way to start a beautiful Sunday morning. Oh, and coffee too...Baby's Coffee, to be exact. Have a lovely day.

Signed,
Mom to 2 poodles who know she's a soft touch, too.

Conchscooter said...

glad to hear from you.