Friday, March 9, 2012

Choose Your Ride

This lively scooter took me by surprise, for I hardly expected to see a Captain Outrageous creation in daily use, sitting by the street.


I suppose enough time has gone by that the death of the artist who styled himself thusly:


...means that his art is largely forgotten in a town with a hugely transient population. Maybe not, one can hope he and his eccentricity are remembered.


I saw this big old cruiser parked and ready to go. I liked the headgear tossed casually on the handlebar


Florida does not require helmet use among adults and even though I usually wear mine I like having the option of riding around town bareheaded.


My Bonneville hasn't put in much of an appearance lately on this page but the love affair continues as strong as ever. I have almost 60,000 miles on my 2007 Triumph.


Trouble free cheerful miles on the few roads, flat and straight of the Florida Keys. Two wheels: the only way to travel around here.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Kyle said...

I just got a green 07 bonnie a few months ago; the first owner didn't ride it much at all and I've finally rolled over the first 1000 miles on the odometer. Crazy to think both of our bikes rolled off the Hinckley assembly line the same year, but mine is just getting broken in.

Conchscooter said...

Congrats. I am astounded how few miles most motorcycles are ridden. People buy them and prefer to "farkle" them with useless additions instead of getting out and riding the fine machine they have spent thousands buying.
The pursuit of horsepower and status symbols pervades every aspect of our advertising driven life. Keeping the resale value is kore important to these people than using the bike as purpose driven tool of pleasure every single day.
Ride like the wind all summer and find excuses to ride and the Bonneville will return the pleasure in spades. I still get a thrill anticipating my highway commute each work day.
Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Did you see the recent article in either the NY Times of the WS Journal about riding a motorcycle down through the Keys? Made me almost want to learn to ride a motorcycle!

Diana