Sunday, April 1, 2012

Blue Ridge Parkway, Virginia

The Blue Ridge Parkway is probably best known as a North Carolina phenomenon, but the road actually starts, or ends, in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.


A chunk of it runs close by Roanoke and I took the time to show it to Cheyenne my Labrador sidekick.


I needn't have bothered as she was so exhausted by sightseeing she declined to get out of the car.


I enjoyed looking out across the rolling hills and deep gorges.


At the farms far below.


The road has a 45 mile per hour speed limit but access is free and easy at numerous intersections and commercial traffic is banned from this elongated National Park.


It is quite lovely and well worth the drive, even in Virginia!



Blue Ridge Parkway In Virginia Link

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: