Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Honda CBR 250

One of the annoyances of living in the Lower Keys is that you only ever get to see a stream of assorted Harley Davidsons mixed in with the odd BMW looking badly out of place in their layers of all possible high impact gear.


And then one of my anonymous neighbors gets the bright idea to go and buy a modern motorcycle like a Honda 250.


This isn't a tired Nighthawk 250 or the diminutive Rebel which has a seat that is knee high to a grasshopper. It's supposed to be female friendly but it's just dead boring. This Honda 250 is most decidedly not boring.


Check this little boy racer out. Automatic Braking System and all on the front disk. The oil gets changed every 6,000 miles and the four valves in the water cooled single cylinder get checked every 16,000 miles.


The instrument panel is modern and complete and the riding position doesn't look to be as ferocious on a middle aged back as you might think.


The finish is lovely and considering these machines are made in Thailand (where Bonnevilles are assembled) these machines will be sold around the world at bargain prices - four grand in the US gets you one.


This owner cleverly installed a couple of color coordinated bungees to haul his/her lunch to work in Big Pine. I expect this bikes are that popular someone soon will create some useful accessories for the little CBR.


On the other hand not many people buy an 80 mpg little racer to carry luggage so perhaps innovative bungees are as good as it will get. That and the usual throw over not waterproof saddle bags.


I like this bike.


Of course I would look like an overweight middle aged pratt riding it so my choices are probably a Suzuki TU 250 or a Cleveland Cyclewerks 250 both of which I also like a lot. Small bikes are so much more interesting than oversized penis enhancers.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

Circle Blue said...

I've been checking this bike out for a while. It is on my short list. Great bike. Good price.
~Keith

Singing to Jeffrey's Tune said...

I feel the need to clarify this quote: "Small bikes are so much more interesting than oversized penis enhancers."

I don't if I would call them oversized penis enhancers. They are oversized PERCEPTION penis enhancers. (unless of course the "penis" being the description of the rider).

Conchscooter said...

Well, yes, the size of the dick in the mind of the dick who thinks he needs 180 horsepower, right enough. I do a fine job of pissing off snoozing cagers on Highway One with my modest 60 hp, and the little Honda would be perfect for cranking it up on the overseas highway too.

Anonymous said...

Test rode one for my SO, VERY tall with the only lowering option being a $300 kit from Oz. It's also a single so I found it a bit buzzy at 70mph. But it's got Honda fit and finish so it's a very pretty bike.

Conchscooter said...

Interesting review. I suppose a Suzuki TU is more sensible.I like small bikes, they are so easy to use. I get to steal my wife's Vespa 150 next month while she is in Europe....looking forward to it!