Monday, August 27, 2012

Post Isaac

It was a gray day today that started out with immense winds and rain on my drive home, slowing the to thirty miles an hour as cross winds slashed the bridges of highway one with horizontal rain. By the time I woke up before noon the sun was out and winds were rattling the palms around the house. It was pleasant to be out removing the hurricane shutters and organizing the deck furniture knowing the storm was off somewhere to the north, threatening other unfortunates...

life returns o normal tomorrow as everyone gears up or a return to work. I stopped by the gas station to buy some celebratory ice cream and the disconsolate clerk told me he'd been counting customers since three in the afternoon. I was nu ber eleven at seven thirty in the evening. Boredom was written allnover his face. Everyone got gas before the storm he laughed.

It's good to be finished with storm, and I hope none other approaches for a while.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear that -am planning to visit in November!

Conchscooter said...

November will have perfectweather for visitors- guaranteed.