Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Dawn On My Street

The morning my wife's Vespa lost it's drive belt on the ride home I was left with a four mile walk to the house, though luckily the Lower Keys shuttle bus got me part way home fast enough to catch the break of day on my street. A minor misfortune turned into an opportunity to amble and see the sights that normally flash by at 25 miles per hour hardly seen.
All pictures on this blog enlarge with one click or tap.









































The pictures I hope speak for themselves.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

bobskoot said...

Mr Conchscooter:

You are thinking "misfortune", and I am thinking "most fortunate" that the drive belt shattered whilst you were in command. better to inconvenience yourself than Mrs Conchscooter.

It could have been much worse with her stranded somewhere and you having to dust off your trailer to rescue her

bob
Riding the Wet Coast
My Flickr // My YouTube

Conchscooter said...

You have a point. Keep idling is the moral of this misfortune. On his blog ( click his name to read it) Bob in Vancouver is musing about retirement, incipient Old Age, vandalism and giving up riding. Prematurely I say but I am given to excess when it comes to motorcycles.

bobskoot said...

Mr Conchscooter:

Au contraire mon amie, farthest thing from the truth as you will be finding out soon . . .

I am past retirement age and my mind is working overtime trying to fit in all those things that I want to do while I still can. nearly time to pump up that air mattress under your stilt house, and I don't mind staring at your hanging laundry.

bob
Riding the Wet Coast
My Flickr // My YouTube