Wednesday, September 19, 2012

First Light Over Bahia Honda

I am not looking forward to Winter Time in a couple of months so I am carrying my Canon SX100 when I take Cheyenne for her early walks.


It's hot and humid during the day and she likes to expend her energy before the sun gains strength so I spend a lot of time seeking out different walks to cheer her up and keep her interested. I am amazed how often I see people walking their dogs same place, same time day after day. Cheyenne would never put up with it.


It's pretty nice to be out here around seven in the morning as the sun starts to color the sky and the clouds and the water.


Highway One offers few sounds as commuters are just gearing up for the most part and tourists are still snoring in Miami, for the most part. Not all of them but enough that engine noise doesn't overwhelm the sound of the wind in my ears.


I have lots of time to look out over the water as Cheyenne snuffles around in the anglers' abandoned trash.


Its too dark to read so I always hope for an inspiring sunrise. This one had it's moments.


I was there to benefit my dog and do nothing more than keep an eye on her. Others were out with blood lust on their minds.


I mean, really, it's not bad is it? Sunrise over Bahia Honda in the distance.


The cause of all the trouble couple of hours later.



I wonder if she dreams of beauty seen or just remembers dead bait fish and trash.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful morning photos ....

Anonymous said...

Dear Sir:

Walking your dog in the same place every day, in an area where other dogs are walked, is like allowing your pet to check her email. Dogs communicate through urine, not unlike Congress, sprinkling little sentiments here and there, leaving one-liners to confirm they are well-fed and getting on with life.

Walking your dog in strange and remote places each day deprives her of finding out if "Princess" is still getting rogered by "Duke," or if "Brownie" regrets having his balls removed, or if "Spike" is still able to lift his leg higher than any other dog in the neighborhood.

I think it is the height of personal vanity that you subject your dog to the abstract pleasures of the sunrise, as opposed to adding true meaning to her walks.

Sincerely,
Lucretia Vlamorte
15 Stillbirth Drive
Guano Key, Florida

Anonymous said...

Dear Sir:

Were the sunrise mine to share
With a woman on my arm...
My nuts wouldn't be pointless,
Like those on the palm.

Yours truly,
Elliott Steevers
The Practical Poet
Barren Key, Florida

Anonymous said...

Dear Sir:

How about a nice picture of you picking up and bagging the steaming pile of dog shit I found on my lawn today?

With respect and admiration,
Mae Fong Wong Dong
Publisher/The Yellow Peril
Ramrod Key, Florida




Anonymous said...

Dear Sir:

The music of the dawn can only be heard by the chosen few. I look at your photos and wonder if you too hear the strains of Blue Oyster Cult's "Fear The Reaper," as sun rises, and wonders whether or not it will shine or hide among the clouds.

Have you ever eaten a live spider? The parts of dead ones can be found in bags of salad at the supermarket, offered at half price as the lettuce within starts to wilt.

Written by my own free will,
Oscar Felter
The Dawn Rider
VESPER Key, Florida

Anonymous said...

Dear Sir:

So two months before the election, I cashed all the fucking campaign checks from those asshole lobbyists representing China, and barely got three inches of headlines for slamming their rice-eating masters for unfair free market practices.

Do you think this was because the nature of this empty gesture never called for reciprocal restrictions in Sino-US trade agreements? I mean I signed all those papers and had my picture taken wearing my "serious" face. Wait a minute... That was my "righteous" face... No wait, that was my "smarter than you" face.

To save time, I will start wearing two faces when addressing every issue.

Sincerely,
Barry

Anonymous said...

Dear Sir:

My boyfriend told me that anal sex was a good cure for menstrual cramps. Does this sound right to you? I mean, have you ever tried it? How bad were your cramps?

As ever,
Melanie Culver
Blond And Smart Key, Florida

Anonymous said...

Dear Sir:

You regularly used to report on the development of nude beaches and headline entertainment on Duval Street. Did Key West become a senior citizen's community or is it still possible to have fun down there? Could you walk your dog down Duval Street and managed to get one or two up-the-skirt shots?

Just thinking out loud...

E. H. Bagley
Skeleton Key, Florida

Anonymous said...

Have you tried anal sex? Riepe has hit a new low...so will you answer his question? Lololol

Conchscooter said...

Picking up shit pictures are in the files but not available for public view. Perverts form a single line. I am a huge fan of anal sex and heartily recommend it. It cures everything all the time. Or so i'm told.
Duval Street is a geriatric camp this month and the next. People who know my blog know this time of year is lower keys picture time and winter is when people show up in own. Be patient.
Cheyenne demands a strict regimen of a series of different walks to keep up her interest. I am her slave.

Jack Riepe said...

Dear Editor:

Low? You call this low?

Hah!

Fondest regards,
Jack/reep
Twisted Roads

Anonymous said...

Dear Riepe and CS,

You both need a hard pegging to whip your behavior in line. Bring a full wallet and an empty digestive system and I will be happy to give you both what you obviously need. Checking my supplies now.

Call me ma'am,

Ms. Devil Bitch
69 Strap-On Lane
Dominant Key,Florida

Conchscooter said...

I'm in! riepe?

Jack Riepe said...

Dear Mrs. Devil Bitch:

Wasn't seven years of being married to me enough?

Fondest regards,
Jack/reep
Twisted Roads