Monday, September 17, 2012

Riepe Invades My Space

It's a shocking day when one opens one's e-mail and there sits a charming little gift from the famously tolerant Jack Riepe, writer, humorist and former owner of the very desirable BMW K75 with the rare Sprint fairing, known to his readers as 'Blueballs.'


Jack loves BMW motorcycles and has about as much empathy for dogs as I do for owners of BMW motorcycles whose final drive shafts blow up from time to time for no known reason, and yet those owners remain stubbornly in love with Bavarian machinery. Give me a Labrador over a broken expensive German shaft drive any day.

And don't forget to go to his website "Twisted Roads" at www.jackriepe.blogspot.com and order his new book. He is an ace storyteller.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Bryce said...

Jack's a good person. I just wish his arthritis didn't give him so many problems. Understand the pain issue quite well. Jack
for all of his idiosynchronic ways writes well
(it is income) and always makes we the readers feel good, regardless.

Conchscooter said...

I know. Isn't he despicable?
Cheyenne muttered something about "peace and quiet in New Jersey..." as I took her on a forced march this morning.

Jack Riepe said...

Dear Conchscooter:

I can't believe you ran this and I didn't see it until this morning. Rest assure there will be others.

Fondest regards,
Riepe
Twisted Roads