Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Testing Blogsy

So I have three pictures and as I work with this alternative blogging format I am struggling. However I do want to have an alternative to Blogpress and I am trying to keep an open mind. Blogsy may be better if I can master it. I know some readers want bigger pictures and this seems to offer them. Sigh

The pictures look larger, even though they are laborious to upload, thirty seconds each, instead of instantly as on Blogpress. Here's a second one.

And here for good measure is a third.

I like Blogpress because picture uploading is instantaneous and I can line up the pictures and write between them. Here I twiddle my thumbs while the pictures selected are uploaded and I can't put them all on the page before I write.maybe I can but I have to work here to learn how I can format the page on my iPad. However this is a much better App than the original Blogsy I checked out last year when you couldn't even write on the same page as the pictures! And I can upload more than one picture per post. So if you like this look let me know and I will try to switch to this app. It is not at all intuitive so I may lose patience with Blogsy.

 

8 comments:

RichardM said...

I had the inverse experience. I have been using Blogsy for about three months after I got completely frustrated with Blogpress. Mostly with picture formatting. With Blogsy, you just double tap on the photo to change things like size and position on the page.

I, personally, like larger photos once you click on them. Within the post, smaller is better.

bobskoot said...

Mr Conchscooter:

I wished I could post from a tablet like you. I have to HTML code each one in, as I host photos on Webshots. Each one must be resized before upload and each one individually put into its place manually in HTML code. I don't know any easier way to do it.

for all this laborious work all we get are 3 photos of parking garages. Can't we get something more scenic or historic ?

bob
Riding the Wet Coast
My Flickr // My YouTube

Conchscooter said...

The idea is to compare these pictures with the size of those in the post below, Bob. I am going to be in key west tomorrow taking pictures as I have a couple of essays in mind. Historic shots will follow.
Richard, I like Blogpress because I just tap on the pictures and they appear where the cursor is. Blogsy ( which is a nursery kind of name) requires tapping and waiting for the download then tapping again. I'll get used to it because people seem to like bigger pictures...

miami said...

Good picture formatting!
Miami Dodge

Anonymous said...

The larger photos are great if one is viewing your blog from a laptop/desk top however, makes no difference from a smart phone. I would suggest just do whatever is earlier for you...just my two cents worth.



Anonymous said...

I like it!

Bob from Livingston Montana

Orin said...

I like the bigger pictures, too. Clickable thumbnails are fine if you wrap the text around them, but making your readers work too hard to see your content will ultimately frustrate them... and send them away.

Otherwise, I rather like the new format. My only suggestion would be a masthead that extends the width of the two columns. But that 's me.

__Orin
Scootin' Old Skool

Conchscooter said...

I like Blogsy too, though I can enlarge the pictures from Blogpress thanks to the changes made by Blogger, however that is more labrious. I would like the masthead to cross two columns but its not possible.