Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tropical Rain On The Parade

They tell us all will be dry by the time the big parade starts rolling Saturday evening, but Hurricane Sandy has been raining on pre-Fantasy Fest activities. Luckily most of them take place indoors, parties dances and drinking, but of the latter there is a fair bit outdoors on Duval Street and this afternoon rain was obviously in their.

I was fast walking back to the car by the time the first drops hit and pretty soon the raw as slashing down, just as it had this morning when I was walking Cheyenne and we got soaked the first time today. It was raining hard by the time I left town.

I was glad I had chosen to drive the car, not just for the weather but also for the distracted drivers this time of year in Key West, and there was much to distract them.

Not much clothing to ruin there even if it started raining cats and dogs. But that's Fantasy Fest for you. Underwear is daily wear this week, rain or shine.

 

2 comments:

Danette said...

I expect there will be a comment from Riepe soon demanding more skin.

Conchscooter said...

Plenty more to come tomorrow.