Monday, December 10, 2012

Boca Chica Bugs

It looked pretty enough even on an overcast day at Boca Chica Beach.

I had some time in hand so I pulled out the traveling folding chair I keep in the trunk, along with a magazine which I carry to read while I walk Cheyenne, and I settled in for twenty minutes all to myself.

It was not to be. The sand fleas were ferocious beyond all measure so five minutes after my arrival I was gone, scratching my extremities with fervor and passion as I drove.

Miserable bloody place. Trust me to forget the repellent.

3 comments:

Circle Blue said...

Ouch! We have these things called chiggers. They like the warm places of the body to burrow and bite. I'm getting itchy just thinking about them. No fun these wee beasties of whatever variety.
~Keith

Conchscooter said...

Mosquitoes annoy, sand fleas exasperate. Chiggers sound appalling. Flies are just Gods mistake.

Anonymous said...

Last year I had saved up my vacation money to stay at the Casa in a room with a little veranda ($329/night + tax). The last time for that, I fell asleep one sunny afternoon on a chaise lounge on the veranda and woke up itching from the sand fleas. That will teach me to stay in such fancy places!

Bob from Livingston Montana