Saturday, December 22, 2012

Cold Front

A cold front blew into town yesterday and I got sprinkled slightly while out with Cheyenne. I took the picture on Little Torch Key around seven in the morning when the wind was starting to blow out of the north. I expected a much steeper drop in temperatures, and it certainly did cool off a bit but I was still in short sleeves when I drove to work yesterday evening. Drove because I figured a potential drop to 58 degrees overnight was probably a little too tough for me to bother to ride the wife's Vespa. Call me a wuss.

I have heard about all the snow and chaos Up North and I was figuring we were in for a doozy of a cold front but so far it's been okay. Actually it's been very pleasant, breezy sunny and cool but not cold. Just how winter should be.

 

6 comments:

East Egg Bill said...

58? I wish it was that here. We are at 38 right now and had some flurries (YUK!) this morning. Even that is too much snow for me.

I have a V-45 Magna and rode it in 0 degree weather on the long Island Expressway. No fun, I assure you. I'll gladly ride in 58 any day.

Enjoy a hot coffee for me.

Conchscooter said...

I am inspired to ride into town tonight. I wil wear my heavy duty winter jacket. I am strong. Or I shall regret it enormously.

Anonymous said...

Too cold up here - I have cancelled my evening plans and will stay warm at home. February in the subtropics will not come soon enough...

Circle Blue said...

Yep, 58F sounds a little warmer than what we've been having. I'm glad you chose to take care of yourself. I wouldn't want you to take a chill and come down with something before your own Vespa arrives. I'm sure I'm not as excited as you are, but I will admit to some anticipation.

And, only because you asked me to, "You're a wuss."
~Keith

RichardM said...

58F does sound a bit warm as Keith says....

Conchscooter said...

Cold is relative. Richard is living through 21 hoursof darkness, minus 44 degrees and the worst smog pollution in north America. Huh? The upside is 16 hours of daylight in June. It's a pain in the ass living in a limate that makes 58 degrees seem cold, but what choice do I have, eh?