Monday, December 17, 2012

Smoking Outback

There was a smell of smoke at Outback a few nights ago. Shit I thought to myself as we dispatched engines, what if Outback burns? People ask me where locals eat and and I say Miami Subs and Outback and the visitors get annoyed at me for being obtuse. The fact is working locals can't eat out in places geared to charge visitors the maximum tourist dollar. I don't mind high prices when I'm on vacation.
I like Outback for the same reason I like Miami Subs, value for money and efficient cheerful service. I like to eat out other places too of course but Colombian Grace and Santiago's are not cheap even though I think they offer excellent value for the money they charge. I know, I'm not supposed to like chains but Outback is my exception to that rule. I was really glad to see this was a false alarm.

No comments: