Monday, September 2, 2013

Diana Nyad Swims From Cuba

I am astonished but the story of swimming the as Straits of Florida is rated a top story on the BBC News page. I had no idea it was such a big deal. I was going to take a lunch break to watch Diana Nyad land but it is a zoo and I am not interested in spending my precious minutes outside the office being squished in a crowd on Smathers Beach.

BBC News - US swimmer Diana Nyad, 64, makes historic Cuba-Florida crossing

Well now, the fifth time is the charm and all our lives are made better by this unbearable feat of swimming 103 miles all in one go. By a 64 year old woman no less. May her biceps never grow less.

 

Photos from the Internet.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard this on my way to work today and was so happy!

Enie Dub said...

What an achievement, amazing woman!

Conchscooter said...

I wonder if she enjoyed Cuba at all.

Anonymous said...

What an inspiration! Glad there was a parade for her and a local writer Michael Haskins got her first interview when she came ashore.

Bob from Livingston Montana