Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Last Days In Italy

Internet connections have been a bit awkward lately but I plan to be home Thursday to post the last few dozen pictures and stories on reliable American wifi from what has been overall a very succesful trip. The BMW broke down a hundred kilometers from home and we got it towed to the dealership in Perugia where they fixed a  broken fuel hose on Monday. Now I have a final round of shopping for trinkets, good byes and one last pasta blow out befor eGiovanni drives me to the airport for a bittersweet goodbye in Rome Wednesday morning. As always I am ready to go home but the trip seems to have been too short.

Ciao until then...

4 comments:

Trobairitz said...

BMWs aren't allowed to break down are they?



RichardM said...

Thank you for enduring the trip to Italy. I know that you suffered through it just for our benefit. I've realy enjoyed seeing the photos and the storids.

Too bad about the breakdown but at least it was close to your destination.

bob skoot said...

Mr Conchscooter:

thank you for bringing us along. Can't imagine a BMW breaking down. You must have secretly desired to stay a bit longer

You are probably missing home, and those at work are missing you too

maybe one day I'll get there

bob
Riding the Wet Coast

Conchscooter said...

a fuel hose broke. full story to follow of course. I got to drive an Alfa Romeo by way of compensation while the dealer fixed it.