Sunday, February 23, 2014

Keys Illustrated

Pictures of places and things from my archive. No order, no purpose, no meaning.
 
White a Street Pier
My Vespa GTS, lovely, full of promise that never delivered.
The modest Vespa 150 that delivers more than it appears to promise
Fort Zachary Taylor waterfront, looking north.
I don't get out on the water these days. Grr...
Once up for sale yet still there, Baby's Coffee.
For some people Key West is all image.
My dog used to love walking the backcountry with me.
Live here long enough and everything changes, including the former little train to Pigeon Key now no more.
The Fort. The one, the only. Lovely.
The Sheriff's Farm saving exotic animals as well as ducks.
The Boot Key Bridge in Marathon has also gone, victim of cuts to infrastructure maintenance.
Card Sound Road with my almost new Triumph Bonneville.
Fantasy Fest
Ethnic breakfast: Cuban cafe con leché and cheese bread at Five BrothersTwo, now for sale.
Bridge fishing

10 comments:

David Masse said...

Very nice!

So, why did the GTS fail to deliver?

David Masse said...

OK, I got it. I read your bio.

I'm actually in Sunrise, a paltry few miles north of you. I'd love to visit but it won't happen on this trip. It will happen though.

All the best,

David

Trobairitz said...

An eclectic mix of photographs, I like them!! Especially the first one.

myamuhnative said...

When I was in Baby's back in September, they told me that the building was for sale not the business.Baby's was planning to stay put? Hope so because it is my morning stop when in that part of the world.
Your picture of Jack at Fort Jefferson really brings back memories. I think he was the best tour guide Yankee Freedom ever had. Was major bummed when he was let go...

Singing to Jeffrey's Tune said...

Coffee table book fodder.

Singing to Jeffrey's Tune said...

Excellent coffee table book fodder that is!

Anonymous said...

I love to ware my Baby's Coffee t-shirt to the Tim Horton's by my house. I have gotten so many comments on it.

Patrick

Conchscooter said...

I shall have to do this,again. Luckily I have thousands of pictures.

garthriley said...

Love your photos. Why do you no longer walk in the back country with your dog?

Conchscooter said...

Annoying creature refuses. she prefers urban walks these days. It's her time so she gets what she wants.