Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Morning In Key West

Morning, a fresh start for those who don't do shift work and labor odd hours, on random nights, catch as catch can.

A rising sun creates it's own special light.

Not everyone knows the poet was being ironic when he suggested strong fences make for good neighbors. This house, below has two fences:

Robert Frost spent winters in Key West, perhaps he knew whereof he spoke. Perhaps not. Check it out: ""Good Fences Make Good Neighbours": History and Significance of an Ambiguous Proverb"

The cemetery makes for great neighbors in my opinion.

Shadows.

Darkness and light.

The drama of thunder. What a great morning.

 

4 comments:

Trobairitz said...

I always enjoy your early morning photos. Thanks again for sharing.

I think a large fence with a drawbridge and moat would make for better neighbors.

Conchscooter said...

I love the light in the Keys, and if i never see fog again I'll be fine with that.

Susan Kent said...

My home on Windsor is bounded by the cemetery on one side and on the rear of my lot, and I can say that I LOVE my neighborhood. Definitely quiet, except for a few noisy tourists wandering home from Duval Street when the bars close. The iguanas that have taken over the cemetery seem to have scared off the roosters that used to wake me up at 4:30AM with their confused crowing.
Love your blog!

Conchscooter said...

Now I have a reason not to dislike iguanas! They don't make noise, and that is important.
cheers