Monday, December 22, 2014

Keys Seascapes

These are not recent pictures of the waters alongside the Keys. I have been working what seems endlessly lately, eight or nine nights in a  row then one night off and then back at it, as we hope our two trainees get up to speed and ease the overtime burden. I have been looking at pictures as a way to take a small mental trip. These random seascapes remind me of good times past, more free time, because the past always looks easier than the present!







 There was a discussion in the paper recently about the cost to make the old Flagler railroad bridges safe for pedestrians. I miss walking this one across half of Niles Channel, alongside the modern 40 foot road bridge opened in 1982. Nowadays it's fenced off and closed. 

Cheyenne loves walking bridges and checking the really nasty crap anglers leave behind bless their hearts.
Oops, a cloudscape got in by ...accident.
The old bridge on the left, the new bridge with the water pipe on the right. Water was first piped to Key West from the mainland in 1942 to supply the expanded needs of the wartime military. 

Some days it really does look like this. And now the days start to get longer. About time.

4 comments:

Diana Millikan said...

What's that black spot on
Cheyenne's right front leg?

Trobairitz said...

I agree - bout time the days got longer.

Garythetourist said...

Very nice photos. Your last couple of essays have provided a very nice virtual mini vacation for me. Oh, if I could only put my toes in the water.

Conchscooter said...

Toes in the water- too cold for me. And the days are supposed to get longer. Its science. It doesn't look that way to me yet.