Saturday, May 30, 2015

Limin' At Higgs Beach

We were hanging out at Higgs Beach, the county park embedded in the south shore of the City.
Coast Camp, a summer of fun, the poster promised. I am interested to check out the artistic space on Stock Island before too long.
 On Facebook I quoted the lines from Macbeth to accompany this picture of a walking shadow:
Out, out, brief candle!
Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Salute, the Italian restaurant on the beach operated successfully by the owner of Blue heaven, not yet open for business:

 Summer thunderclouds building:
 Limin
hanging out or chillin,even partying 

(a word frequently used by trinidadians)
(Eg) we were limin on the corner 

we were hanging out on the corner 

(eg) i was limin with some friends 

i was hanging out with some friends 

(eg) me an my friends went out to lime last night 

me an my friends went out to party last night 
by trini boy January 09, 2009 

That Urban Dictionary definition defines most of the car occupants staring at the beach with glazed eyes:

 The dog park, after all the dogs have left for the morning, just how Cheyenne likes it.
 She is as anti-social as I am.
Good dog.

2 comments:

SonjaM said...

I have added Limin' to my vocabulary, thanks for this educational bit.

Antisocial? As in... writing a blog? Doing a podcast? Talking to people? Right!

Michael, the monochrome pictures are very artsy. Beautiful!!!

Conchscooter said...

Thank you. But it's not the South of France. I do miss the south of France.