Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Blimp Road Storm

There was a little rain in the air as Cheyenne and I braved wind and mosquitoes to check out the state of play on the water on the north shore of Cudjoe Key.
Blimp Road, Cudjoe Key

Blimp Road, Cudjoe Key

Blimp Road, Cudjoe Key
Blimp Road connects to Highway One three miles to the south, a straight shot past the dump and a quarry that seems to have been brought back into use.
Blimp Road, Cudjoe Key
The blimp known as Fat Albert was tethered down to ride out the weather at the secure base .
Blimp Road, Cudjoe Key
If any Cubans were made enough to cross the Straits of Florida in this weather Fat Albert wasn't in a position to notice them.
Blimp Road, Cudjoe Key

Blimp Road, Cudjoe Key

Blimp Road, Cudjoe Key
Cheyenne likes being outdoors to watch the world go by, even if there isn't a whole lot of world to be seen.
Blimp Road, Cudjoe Key

Blimp Road, Cudjoe Key
I was getting bitten to death so I retreated to the car.
Blimp Road, Cudjoe Key
Eventually she joined me and we went home.
Blimp Road, Cudjoe Key
She shys away if I offer to carry her her 110 pounds up the stairs unless she is worn out. She prefers to take a run at the bottom stairs and patiently thump her way up, one at a time. I am very fond of my cherished old dog, found at the pound six years ago this month.

4 comments:

David Masse said...

Cheyenne is quite a stoic character.

Anonymous said...

You composed the "End of Road" image perfectly. One of my favorite shots.

Sal Cuciti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SalParadise said...

Searched to see if old Cheyenne is still around - glad to see she is! I just recently had to say goodbye to my own Lab who was born in 2003 but he was diabetic among other things and that aged him prematurely.