Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Key West. Maybe Weird

One doesn't want to be rude but what on Earth possesses people to put eyelashes on their cars? I have absolutely no idea but here we are:

And there are the drivers who take dreary K cars and paint them interesting. Or not:

Frankly in the picture above the rubble that passes for a sidewalk is more interesting than the rather understated canvas that used to be a car. Meanwhile Vote Key West which means what, precisely? Again I have no clue.

And this next one, vaguely car related, unless you do actually drive ( and park) a rhinoceros...and now don't know what to do with it at the end of a fun.


Looking at the Curry House sign I drifted by and then went back. Last year I went to the Audubon House and the Oldest House in Key West and enjoyed them both. So there I was on the sidewalk pondering what life was like back then. Probably not that different from the mainland really, in a time when people didn't travel that much and a small island was much like anywhere else.
And then, closing in on Duval Street on Southard I found a juxtaposition worthy of my iPhone camera, Key West Distillery next to a garden dust catcher store. Any bets who makes a greater turnover in this town? Is it fair? I leave that to you to decide.

And this, perfect, a dead Christmas Tree long past it's composting date but still bravely holding up its ornament.

Golly; Southard Street is interesting, isn't it?

4 comments:

Trobairitz said...

I've only ever seen the eyelashes on a VW Bug, but that actually looks like a Mini. I get it is a girls car.

RichardM said...

Does that mean that they are in the Fiat's future?

Conchscooter said...

Trobaritz's maybe. I'd forbid my wife to use them. Failing that I'd beg.

Jamie R. Somers said...

essay service online are very beneficial for a commerce. In addition, in the wild world, many business industries are rotating to essay writers for their essay and many students worldwide are using the facilities to benefit them.