Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Women's Clothing

The thing about the Overseas Highway is that it rapidly becomes a way in and  a way out of the Keys, and like so many attractions around here one tends to overlook a  lot of stuff in the rush to get home or to get away... I think in many respects I have been mindful of this daily problem for all of us and I have gone out of my way to hunt down attractions in my own back yard and check them out.
 This isn't an attraction in any meaningful sense but it just strikes me as odd every time I drive by. It reminds me of that restaurant with the weird name : Ruth's Chris Steak House.  That apparently came into being when Ruth bought a Louisiana steak house called Chris's. Here I guess Anthony wanted to sell women's clothing and here it is, the Key Largo store of 13 across the state. Who knew?
Check out the building, which to my untutored eye looks like a 1950's motel lobby or something catches my eye every time I drive by.
I stopped at the next door gas station where they have cheap gas and spicy empanadas so I always stop there for gas. And  this time I wandered off with my camera and I said to myself I need to record this delightful building before someone tears it down for some impenetrable reason.
 Isn't it delightful?
 The swimsuits even match the decor.
There are tons of odd shaped buildings along the 120 mile highway in the Keys and I really need to do a better job of catching them. 
Anthonys website is worth a look if these things with a 30% discount works for you. I just like the building.

6 comments:

Perry Cumbie said...

Looks like an old Howard Johnson's to me.
Tacky orange and tourquoise, famous for clams, peanut brittle, and ice cream I think.
Interstate highway travel made them popular.

Garythetourist said...

You have spotlighted one feature of your blog that makes it so attractive to me; you point out little "attractions" that I would have otherwise overlooked. The zoo at the jail is a perfect example of a delightful place that I would probably ignored were it not for your blog. Please keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this wonderful post. Every time I drive by this store I tell myself I should stop, but I never take the time. Once I get on Hwy. 1, I just want to get to Key West. And I agree with you, someday this shop may be gone; as are so many "treasures" that were once along 1 and in Key West.

Trobairitz said...

That does look like an old motel. Now that is recycling and reusing.........

Conchscooter said...

Ishall look for more

Brendon Williams said...

The most easily perceived function of the Best Price Womens Clothing Australia is to improve the comfort of the wearer by protecting the wearer from the aspect of something abstract.