Monday, August 1, 2011

Back In The Keys

Away for three weeks and back again, quick as a flash, all done and two thousand pictures, taken, selected and stored. All done indeed.


And yet the memories linger on, as I planned that they should, memories that will carry me through the next months, replayed in my mind like movies, the rides, the meals, the conversations, the encounters, all stored in my head and in my pictures.


While I've been gone a big name in the Keys has been arrested, Paul Toppino took a gun they say and a thug armed with a bat to evict a tenant. The tenant fought back until police arrived and arrested the armed thugs. An ordinary mortal gets ten years in prison, no appeals, for a violent felony while carrying a gun. We shall see. Meanwhile renting from the Toppinos might not be a prudent move especially if you ever face the possibility of falling on hard times. Which more and more among us seem to be tumbling upon. Not the City of Key West though, may it's attraction to visitors never grow less, for the city sees a solid budget in it's future in defiance of bankruptcies reported across the country.


Cheyenne spent her time at Camp Sugarloaf while I was gone and she was shocked to see me back. We have been inseparable ever since and quickly resumed our routine of walking together and though our conversations have a habit of being one way we have resumed our talks and all appears well with my girl.


All appears well with my world as well. The Bonneville started promptly, the house was in perfect order after Skinny cleaned it for us, my plants are alive and it turns out I have a trainee at work much to my surprise. I have work and strangely enough it is as fun as ever it was. Vacations are important but there is no place like home.
With thanks to GarytheTourist for his monthlong series of pictures.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

Len said...

Welcome back.

Thanks from me to Gary as well. His shots were very well done.

Len

Anonymous said...

Great to have you back!

salt life

Singing to Jeffrey's Tune said...

Welcome back, fantastic virtual tour of Italy. Gives me the inspiration (and places) to visit.

Gary the Tourist shots photos quite well.

Florida does have eviction laws that are easier than going to jail.

Conchscooter said...

Thanks. Glad to be back

Garythetourist said...

Welcome back Michael and thank you for the tour of Italy. Not that your grand vacation is over it is time to start planning your next one.
Cheers,
gary