Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bay Point

It is said that a good parking space for a Floridian is a shady parking spot. It's a sentiment with which I heartily agree.


I like the triangle of green behind Baby's Coffee for occasional dog walking and the water glimpses are an added pleasure for me.


The restaurant called Knuckleheads that came and went in a winter several years ago left behind a nice building. It's complete with a generator and now it has clean grounds and plants in pots.


I'm not at all clear where the customer base is for a large operation here, half way between Big Pine and Key West, and that's probably one more reason why I don't run a restaurant, the lack of vision thing.


These Harleys stopped at the coffee place and set out for Key West looking good, if understaffed, please note.


Cheyenne through all this was busy grazing the superb lawn in the park.


I started groveling to see if I could get a better angle.


And wasn't I surprised when I got up from groveling to find two dogs bearing down on us. " Is your dog friendly?" she asked. Huh? "I have yet to find an aggressive Labrador" I said when I had recovered from my astonishment at the question.


You'd think dog people might get a clue from a dog that is standing in a field grazing and happily minding her own business. Pooh Bear behaving like Eeyore. And in case it isn't obvious from the pictures she isn't at all aggressive.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Chuck and the Pheebs said...

I dunno, man. She looks about as wound up as I've ever seen her right there.

Jack Riepe said...

Dear Sir:

There are limits. Do you have any idea how mortified this dog was, with you rolling around in the grass witrh your fat ass in the air?

Fondest regards,
Jack/reep
Twisted Roads

Conchscooter said...

it was a bad moment all round.
"its good that you have a sense of humor," the nice lady said.
"kill" i said to my attack Lab.