Thursday, September 8, 2011

Cudjoe Suburb

Someone get me a cannon and let me take a shot.


It doesn't seem likely anyone would get hurt.


Snowbirds are Up North sweeping mud out of their New England front yards and backing up their hard pressed firefighters in Texas. Millennial drought followed by wind fanned flames. Gross.


I'm going swimming this evening in eighty degree salt water while Keys winter residents are Up North watching their days get short, feeling temperatures plummet while they wait for the first snow.


There are enough people left down here to keep yards clean and trimmed and put the garden trash out.


The post office, that much maligned national institution delivers mail through hot wet September afternoons and holds mail and keeps it safe, or forwards it Up North as needed, no problem. I notice my mail carrier comes by much earlier in summer, so I have to remember to get my Netflix discs out before the little white van rolls by.


Feel that breeze...Watch the palms flutter.


This is Fall as it should be.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Jack Riepe said...

Dear Sir:

Why are you still dealing in NetFlix disks? You can watch the movies, as many as you like, on your computer with instant streaming, from the fine folks at NetFlix. I understand the disks are to be phased out in the next year or so.

Fondest regards,
jack/reep
Twisted Roads

Conchscooter said...

i doubt the discs will be gone. netflix is so succesful everyone is afraid to let them stream. most of the stuff i like isn't streamed, english detective mysteries and off beat movies. my wife and i stream different stuff when I am at home exercising while she is at work and she watches stuff at night while I am at work.discs we watch together.