Friday, September 23, 2011

Key West Wheels

A young woman in a red bikini flashed into view as I was composing a different shot. Oh well.


What made it worthwhile was the reaction of this evidently not gay resident of Key West. Apparently he misses the company of women.


To ride with electric hear and a little red flag and a helmet is another way to draw attention to oneself.


Or one can face the fury of traffic dressed more casually, and still survive.


I wanted a picture of the bench looking out over the Key West harbor. The idea of posing myself crossed my mind but happily this cyclist saved me the effort.


The flag could be a well worn rainbow or some other symbol that has managed to escape my notice. Flags originally were intended as rallying points for troops on the field of battle and were thus supposed to be easily identifiable. This one beats me.


Getting ready for a possibly busy day pedi-cabbing.


The idea that a bike rental company might serve it's customers by bicycle struck me as odd. Then I realized that the thought itself was stupid. Nuff sed.


I like this view down Solares Hill.


The hill itself may only be, variously, fourteen or sixteen feet above sea level, but in a town built at sea level that gives the street a perspective not often seen around here.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: