Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Bangla Deli

My wife brought a couple of dishes by my work last month as a surprise and a treat and theywere both. She had been reminded by a friend to stop by the old Deli on Simonton at Truman. The facade remains the same as ever, more or less.


It used to be a fairly undistinguished greasy spoon, the food was okay prices were reasonable and service was rapid. They had a devoted following among certain locals but after a very long run I guess exhaustion set in and they closed. They have been reopened by a new owner who still has the original café menu augmented by a couple of regular simple but delicious Indian dishes.


Not being Hindu I permitted myself a beef curry which hit the spot, to go unfortunately I had to get back to work. I should have enjoyed taking a table and people watching in air conditioned comfort.


I am looking forward to seeing what the vegetable curry tastes like and exploring as many of their specials as they care to put on the growing menu.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Donna OShaughnessy said...

Looks good and different. I need some different food. Maybe next year Key West

Conchscooter said...

By next year the should be more stuff on the Indian menu. I hope.