Sunday, October 9, 2011

Squally Seascapes

I saw a tourist video taping the Seven Mile Bridge and I was reminded I live fifteen minutes from this desirable spot. Mind you I am of the opinion that home videos are boring which is why you won't see any here. I hope his came out well and he won't bore a bunch of neighbors back home.


Photos or fishing, the old Flagler Bridge is good for both activities. It was a crappy day and I had hoped that even on a holiday weekend people might have stayed away. No chance.


The tree rising out of the mist is the increasingly well known tree growing on the abandoned portion of the old Flagler Seven Mile Bridge. The mists were actually a heavy rain squall heading our way.


Cheyenne was having fun in the grass. I like to let her graze whenever I can. Dogs seem to enjoy grass and there isn't much of it in the Keys.


It was windy and blustery with white caps to the horizon.


It was only a matter of time before therein blew in.


It was a good moment to be outdoors especially as the day was taking a turn for the rainy and thundery.


The blue sky blew away within the hour and we were locked down at home with rain and thunder all afternoon. Too bad as boat ramps in the Keys are free for anyone to use to get out on the water.


The palm tree was waving around dementedly.


Perhaps I should have made a video of it to show what I mean.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Garythetourist said...

Forgive me for not being on the subject of "Seascapes" but I have to mention that on Oct. 20, 2009 you posted a photo of a Key West front porch and it was an excellent photograph indeed. I can see that photo posted on tons of Key West travel literature.

Conchscooter said...

Well bugger me. I need a publicist to haul my pictures into public spaces. Or rather I need a personality transplant. Anytime I am identified in public I get a fearful skin crawling moment where I wonder what I did wrong.