Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Art In The Streets

I keep tripping over stuff to see and things to look at on the streets of Key West, especially on days when I least expect to see them. The cross on St Paul's:


These gray skies lend an air of menace to everything, even a lilac Victorian.


Roller skating through the gloom on Simonton. Good skaters make it look easy so idiots like me have a go and scrape our elbows.


The Customs House, Key West's Federal outpost closest to Cuba.


Christmas decorations are making a shy little appearance here and there around town. The palms continue to flourish.


Victorian Key West, bricks and a street lamp at the Peppers of Key West building.


This chair, now chained to a tree downtown was a Sculpture Key West exhibit as I recall at the Botanical Gardens.


Head eating a palm (tree).


Like I said things just appear around here when you least expect them. And no it's not magic, it's Key West.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: