Thursday, November 10, 2011

Coming And Going

Cheyenne was hunting unconsidered trifles on the fishing bridge. I was dividing my attention between the newspaper and the scenery. Towing fees were the hot topic of the day in Key West.


I am a little jaundiced when it comes to watching other people enjoying their boats. My boating summer was not a great success this year thanks to a balky outboard.


The water is below my threshold of eighty degrees for comfortable swimming so boating season is mover for me in any event by this time of year.


Not everyone is as fussy as am I.


Hunting fish is a year round pastime around here.


I don't have the patience to pit my wits against those of the fish. Besides, I might come out second best in any such contest...


These visitors from Ohio were kept busy by numerous lines and poles and buckets and things.


"Does she bite?" the timorous lady angler asked as Cheyenne approached her. "Only food," I reassured her. I put Cheyenne on her leash around anglers. She is excessively fond of stealing their bait which she considers to be food. Personally I prefer watching the boats to eating wet squid.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Brady Steffl said...

Conch, what do you really need in a boat? I think my old man has it right - he wants to buy a pontoon. Float around, fish, drink beer, maybe ski if someone has that much gumption. Just get out, sit in the sun and float around.

Brady
Behind Bars - Motorcycles and Life

Conchscooter said...

a decentoutb oard that starts and goes and stops. a bit like a motorcycle.

Chuck and the Pheebs said...

I'm gonna show up at your house and fixt that damned outboard - whether you like it or not. Two words: Float drop.

Next weekend, assuming you have it off.

Conchscooter said...

Saturday 19th I'm at home. Sunday 20th we leave for a week in asheville walking my dog in frost for a family thanksgiving. The house sitter would be surprised to see you...