Thursday, November 10, 2011

Roadblock

The paving of Highway One continues in the middle of the night between Sugarloaf Lodge and Sugarloaf Middle School. It is a pain in the butt to have the flow of the ride interrupted but it is most decidedly not a pain in the butt having a smooth black highway to ride after they are done.


With the news of the defeat of anti union legislation Up North and the repudiation of the nonsensical foetal citizenship bill in Mississippi one has to hope that one day government public work will be seen for what it is: indispensable. As I sat at the stop sign with the engine turned off a mental deficient in a black SUV came the other way and leaned out of the window to warn me in stentorian tones that my headlight was OFF. Not the headlight, but the engine was off as I waited for the interminable roadblock to open. Why waste gas? I wonder if he was smart enough to thank the gods we have money enough to rebuild public roads. Probably not if he doesn't think about these things much.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: