Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Neighbors

I expect to see a Great Egret in a swampy place wading through water and finding lunch submerged.



This specimen was in suburbia up the street from my house.



As I drove up it spotted something and in the brutal way of the wild world pierced the grass and came up swallowing something that appeared to be struggling to stay alive, even as it went down into the void.



The bird ignored me as it went on looking for pudding among the rocks. It is an amazing neck.



The search continued unabated.



I went home to find something long dead in the fridge for my lunch. Same principle, different methods.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Chuck and the Pheebs said...

I espied a nutter on a green Bonneville whiz past me house around 5:30 yesterday; a quiet thing with sout bearded man aboard...

Conchscooter said...

Shit! I saw the welcome home banner on the door and wanted to turn back but it was actually 5:47 pm,for those of us clock watching, and I haven't been late for work in 7 years. Welcome home. Atlanta hart field's loss is key west's gain.