Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Malabar Almond

Ashe at Frances:


I need to taste my own Malabar Almonds as I have two flourishing mature trees at my house.


The leaves are large and a rich waxy shade of green at their height but they go red and fall off the tree leaving a stark wintery look behind.


I am less enthusiastic than this home owner about picking them up, as a result I have lots of parchment like red leaves littering my yard this time of year.


My trees aren't near as impressive as this giant. I'm glad I don't have tom pick up the leaves from this 1918 model year Malabar Almond.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Len said...

She's still going! We look for this lady painstakingly cleaning her yard and sidewalk every time we visit. The last couple of times we were there a younger man was out cleaning up so we thought she may have passed away and her son was taking the torch. So glad to see her keeping up the good fight.

Thanks Conch!

Conchscooter said...

You're welcome!