Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Stroll

We had a downpour last week, producing flooding and blocked drains and everything.


The rains ashes then city clean after the drains started managing to cope with all the water. This eyebrow home, the one with the overhanging roof hence 'eyebrow,' looked particularly scrubbed and elegant


It's been a funny winter, with no prolonged or even abrupt cold snap we've hardly seen any temperatures below 60F (15C) and time for cold temperatures is running out.


It may only be mid February where you love but winter starts to shut shop around here by the end of February so if there is to be a cold stretch it better come soon.


For the time being I am content to lounge in the sun, with temperatures in the mid seventies American (low twenties Canadian) and wonder who it was decided bilious purple was the right color for curtains?


I've seen pictures of snow drifts Up North and blizzards in Italy and I want none of it. I like sameness when it is accompanied by endless sunshine.


And even though the days are shorter than I'd like, darkness only falls at 6:30 pm so the days are getting decidedly longer and summer time is just weeks away.


Cheyenne ignored the head under the fence but I thought the vicious little brute looked cute contained as it was. My dog likes cold weather but luckily she doesn't have a vote. I vote for continued sun and clear skies but really I don't have a vote either and then latest cold snap saw temperatures last night in the. Mid 60s. Add in a strong breeze and it felt cold, at last.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

6 comments:

Bryce said...

We too in southern Ontario have had a weird winter.
Only in the last few days have we seen snow (maybe 5 inches) and cold below freezing temperatures. It is a cold wind yet the sun is out there as I write this at 13:27 February 12.
Up until the snow it was not unusual to see motorcycles out there daily even though the
temperature was in what might be determined the low 40's on the F scale.

Conchscooter said...

Climate change? Puah!

Stephen in Big D said...

A freaky-warm winter in Dallas too; had first freeze Friday night. Being a warm weather guy, I'm not complaint. Ditto on the climate change remark. BTW, great pica again.

Conchscooter said...

I'm glad you like it.

Anonymous said...

We got about a half foot of snow on Friday and it's been between 15-20 degrees since then. We need the snow as we are near the headwaters of the Yellowstone and Missouri Rivers and we need to keep those rivers full.

Bob from Livingston Montana

Conchscooter said...

The water supply is one of those iffy things that keep getting iffier. Which means keeping rivers full of melted snow is a good thing. Rather you than me.