Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Writing On The Wall

Whitehead Street is full of historic spots where one can point the camera and record snippets of the past. The lighthouse keeper's home could be a case in point:


Strolling north toward the Hemingway home I noticed an immensely long had written novel affixed to a light pole. All this 19th century penmanship in an effort to find a cheap place to live. Give him a call I guess, if you can help a computer-illiterate writer and don't mind taking a chance on a stranger's character:


Driving has been going through an epidemic of seriously incompetent chauffeurs. I saw one car stop on Flagler Avenue and block the fast lane while the driver struggled trying to figure how to use the median's turn lane. Instead of shooting him (this is Florida) the other drivers sat patiently in line behind him as he puzzled it out. Similarly this car parked in the street while the occupants studied a map.


Yes, that is the travel lane but apparently it's okay to stop in the roadway wherever they are from. It must be, because these are the bad habits they bring to Key West city streets.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

Garythetourist said...

Hi Michael,
Speaking of writing on the wall...well maybe this doesn't really pertain to today's diary post, perhaps it was a post from a couple of days ago. No wait, it might have been last week. Anyway, you left me dangling as you left your story unfinished and I want to know what happened. What is the "rest of the story." Actually, to be specific, it was a post that you made on July 25, 2008 (yes, 2008)that I'm referring. What ever happened to Roberto D'Aubission?
Dangling,
Gary

Garythetourist said...

Never mind. I just looked him up on Wikipedia. Wow!

Conchscooter said...

He died. I didn't. A really nasty piece of work.

Garythetourist said...

You made me simile.

Conchscooter said...

And thats a good thing. Cheers.