Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Harley And Triumph

My wife and I went to classic night Monday at the Tropic cinema, she on her yellow Vespa me on my green Bonneville and there next to the Triumph was a black Harley Sportster.


The Harley line of Sportsters has been revamped to introduce youngsters to the brand and they say the chrome free, blacked out look is working. I liked this one. Except the side lights and side tag make it impossible to hang saddlebags off the back of the bike.


The handlebar has a nice curve to it and the single instrument can be supplemented with a tach from the Harley accessory catalogue...


...just as it can for the cheap model Bonneville. Unlike the Harley the Triumph doesn't have a big fat air filter blocking the rider's right knee.


But the Harley does have some pretty interesting black exhausts curling around the engine.


The Bonneville appeals to me more just because it's what I grew up with, symmetry and straight lines and a level seat remind me of the bikes of my youth.


No valve adjustments and a maintenance free belt drive on the Harley make it appealing to a high mileage rider like me. But after 61,000 trouble free miles the Bonneville has proved it's worth as well as it's beauty to me.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: