Sunday, June 17, 2012

Rest Beach

Messing with signs is a local sport:


I actually pulled over, parked the motorcycle and walked back to take this picture. Some people are too inventive for their own good.


This guy was sitting there eating a piece of fruit looking quite morose.


Perhaps the view was inadequate. More likely he is alone and unloved and wondering what life is about.


I lime watching the shore birds.


No one messed with this sign. Leave the sea oats alone! Without vegetation the dune collapses and the ocean marches up to Atlantic Avenue which is good for no one.


This is my favorite spot at Rest Beach. Come here with a con leché and think about the meaning of life.


Low tide exposes a really huge expanse of seaweed and rock. These aren't the fabulous Florida beaches some visitors expect to find in the Keys. I like the view.


Jet skis bug some people but the comments have died down in the paper so I expect it was some snow bird who is now safely tucked up in the plains states somewhere and will forget these irritations until next winter.


Back and forth they go.


I wondered what the barge was off Smathers Beach. Later I rode by and discovered it was some sort of water slide


Not like anywhere else in Florida, these Keys.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: