Friday, September 21, 2012

The Plan

So we don't have great disappointment and unwelcome surprises here is the plan for the next week.  I am flying to Iowa Sunday and meeting my new scooter. I will post updates as I go, sporadically I am sure, as I ride home and need breaks from time to time from the business of riding. My iPad is now a mobile device thanks to my new Smartphone hotspot so I can upload pictures at my wildest whim. Blog content about the Keys will resume next Sunday or Monday or thereabouts. In the meantime for those needing pictures I recommend using the Search function at the top left hand corner of the page. Enter the name of a street, event place or thing and the search will render some truly inspired results. Its looks for any word in any of the 2815 essays published on this page since June 2007. Between now and October pictures and stories will be about my travels across the wilds of the Midwest on a 33 year old 200cc Vespa. It may be more interesting than I'd like.

Like I say, it is an adventure as the outcome is unknown. The journey up consists of two, two-hour flights. The journey back should take a week.

8 comments:

RichardM said...

Looking forward to reading about your adventure. I hope you have a great time with your new scooter! Pretty cool trip...

Conchscooter said...

I am permitting myself at last to look forward to the adventure. There is a frost warning for the hours before my arrival in Iowa. I wonder who told them I was coming?

Orin said...

Safe travels, my friend. I look forward to your posts and pix.

__Orin
Scootin' Old Skool

Conchscooter said...

Thanks. I am looking forward to meetingthis machine in the flesh.

Anonymous said...

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Robert & Dolly

Circle Blue said...

Looking forward to the unfolding of this adventure. Wave if you go through Missouri. Hell, wave even if you don't.

Be safe and have fun!
~Keith

Story Girl said...

Yeah I know your travel won't bring you to Michigan, but the weather is about the same. Keep warm and dry, enjoy your ride back, be safe!

Conchscooter said...

Thanks all and the weather for the trip is looking perfect. by day highs around 80. Amazing!