Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Pirate In Key West

 

I am not a huge fan of pirate nonsense or small children and combining the two you'd think would send me over the edge. He however seemed rather appealing, though how he managed it I am not at all sure. When someone asked Fred why he didn't want children he replied deadpan: "I prefer to have disposable income." an unworthy sentiment of course, and yet...it keeps coming to mind. The other line I really like a lot is when well meaning people interfering in my life suggest I'll like children when I have them. Which leads one to ask onsefl, what if I don't, what do I do then? Take them to the pound? Drop them off at your place? Luckily the issue has never come up, nor shall it at this late stage.

"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since the world is well populated with people willing to have children there is no need for those less inclined to procreate. Perhaps the percentage of parents who wish they hadn't procreated is equal to the percentage of child less adults who wistfully wish they had. Who knows?

Regret, however, is a powerfully negative emotion so in either case one needs to get over it and focus on what's next in life as opposed to what isn't and never will be.

Garythetourist said...

That's it! That's what you need Michael, a couple of babies. Oh I can see it all now; you and your new blog: Conchdaddy! You could take pictures of the little darling and post new techniques for burping the bambinos, hot new cures for diaper rash and the joys of taking colicky babies into 5 star restaurants. Yea, Conchdaddy, I like the sound of that!

Anonymous said...

And he could write parenting books and everything lol!

Anonymous said...

But at what age would conchdaddy parent best? He would suck at any child under two: not enough action. Older than 12 is also out: too many hormones and too much drama. He no doubt would do best with a boy and the age is 2-4. That age loves to wander about and explore and they do well listening to didactic monologues. Conchdaddy would do best with children most like his dog.

Conchscooter said...

"....most like his dog." exactly right.