Monday, December 3, 2012

Lost Motorbike

My Bonneville is at Jiri's waiting for him to strip the valve cover off and measure the gaps on my bike's eight valves. From his previous inspection we know two need new shims ($8 parts!) to restore proper gaps. However he is backed up with too many motorcycles to fix and he has been procrastinating the job.

I realize as the weeks pass... I really miss my motorcycle. My Vespa P200 has been repaired in Iowa and should be arriving in south Florida by the end of the month. I wish it were here now so I wouldn't have to keep stealing my wife's Vespa to keep the not-riding blues at bay. I really do miss riding, even the same road every day. If he doesn't get on with it I'm taking the Bonneville to the dealer in Miami. There. I just said it.

3 comments:

Garythetourist said...

I don't blame you...I'd say it too. I'm all about supporting local business but a little competition is very good thing.

Circle Blue said...

I hope it doesn't come to that. Wow, a Vespa P200 for Christmas. Has a nice ring to it, even if it wasn't the original plan.
~k

Conchscooter said...

I miss my Bonneville and Jiri seems to be busy no matter what the month. I thought he could get the job done before the snowbirds return.