Saturday, August 3, 2013

Doughnuts

I did it. No excuses, well, I do actually have one excuse and that is my wife pushed me to try them.

This is the place that caused a laugh by asking for a wine and beer license - and got it! The box of assorted wildly flavored cakes cost sixteen dollars which is cheap for two breakfasts eaten twice. Chocolate, ample syrup and bacon, praline and pecans, plum, Key Lime Pie, and mango.

The woman behind the counter and I shared a laugh of our own as I stumbled along trying to pick six but in the end I got the job done and took them home.

Yorkshire Gold tea and doughnuts. Not an every day breakfast.

6 comments:

Singing to Jeffrey's Tune said...

A diabetics dream (or nightmare)! There is a poof-owned, daily in-house roasted coffee and hand cut donut shop not far from Fort Myers Yatch Basin (I believe you anchored there? walking distance - well 4 blocks) called Bennetts.

These donuts look very much like theirs. Try them out if you are in town sometime. They would go well as breakfast to an Indian food dinner.

Conchscooter said...

Sounds excellent. Proofs rule!

Martha Tenney said...

Those look very tempting...I'd try the plum with oolong.

Diabetes in a box, as Jeffrey mentions. Sugar headache. Sugar high and low. Other than that, enjoy!

Conchscooter said...

Don't hate me but the plum was disappointing. All the plum was in the topping and not in the dough. Bacon maple is always a winner...

Martha Tenney said...

I'm not surprised. Plum is a bit to elegant for a doughnut. Nice try, tho.

I don't know any men who don't love bacon and maple, so I understand.

:^ )

Martha Tenney said...

Darn it. Lost that second "o" for "to".