Saturday, August 24, 2013

Morning Thunder

Summer is rainy season, and rainy season is thunder and lightning season.

It's cloudy season when the skies are filled with drama. Frequently you wake to cloudless skies and by the time breakfast plates are washed wind rain and gray skies fill the kitchen window.

And when it all dies down as it does in a hurry the seas go flat and the horizon disappears.

Back on Earth the commuters are rolling every morning but on those days when rain falls or threatens to fall the motorcycles evaporate. I'm not sure why, but it's warm even in the rain and the modest challenge of riding in the wet is rewarded by the clearing skies and sunshine.

Cheyenne isn't that fond of walking in the rain. Shell go out on the porch, look around, and turn back. Suits me.

Rainy season is hot and humid season and we all feel it to a greater or lesser degree.

Did I mention I like the cloud drama of rainy season?

 

5 comments:

Garythetourist said...

Great photog Michael.

Singing to Jeffrey's Tune said...

I agree with Garythetourist. Great photog.

Lynn said...

the cloud drama in these pics is beautiful. And I love the last picture of Cheyenne. Cute

Martha Tenney said...

The Midwest skies offer spectacular shows, usually Spring and Fall. Ups and downs...

Western skies offer some unusual cloud formations that hang around the mountains, but I believe warm large bodies of water can make the most colorful and painterly of all.

Beautiful photos.

Conchscooter said...

Thank you. My android phone amazes me.