Sunday, September 22, 2013

Poker Run, Key West

I like the classics among all the many versions of Harley Davidsons parked on Lower Duval Street for he weekend of festivities.
A 1975 Yamaha RD350 two stroke with a mere 2500 miles on it. And a nearly naked babe recline nearby, not  exactly a classic but its  what people expect  from a gathering of  bikers.
Key West brings its own sense of humor to a gathering of badass bikers.

And the serious looking hardcore women just look out of place in a town devoted to old fashioned fun.
All the gear all the ime. As long as they are flags.
Rum Barrel a couple of blocks off Duval looked a better spot to hang out.
A tad more crowded on the main drag.

the most popular BMW ever looked out of place to me. But she liked it.
An old BSA turned into something unrideable but interesting to look at.
Some wacko warmed the Ickes of my heart by bringing an MV Agusta 675 triple to this event. I wished I was twenty again!
Another Beeza made unrideable, chopped this time but with sensible soft panniers. Perhaps this one was ridden here? Lovely!
Another vintage two stroke, a perfect, unaltered screaming Kawasaki 500 triple. Check out those sticky-outy cylinders!

Selling something I think.
Street scenes.



I have no idea what to say. This is not really my cup of tea.
Saw these guys wobbling their way up the beach as I left town to go home. Cheyenne was waiting for me. We're friends again. Phew!

No comments: