Sunday, December 7, 2014

Five Years Of Cheyenne

Last night while I was at work they held my favorite Key West event, the Holiday Parade, without me.
In 2009 that was where I first saw Cheyenne stumping along in the parade with an "adopt me" jacket on. My wife dived into the parade and was told to come by  the SPCA on Stock Island on Monday. Which I did as soon as they opened. "I want to adopt Cheyenne," I announced to their surprise. That was that.
 It's been a long journey including side trips to California,  Canada and all points in between.















I wish there were another five years to go but as healthy and youthful as she is...realistically, she is already 13 years old. 








7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you have done for Cheyenne is just amazing. None of us know when today may be our last day. Enjoy her she is so precious.

Trobairitz said...

Awesome that it has been 5 years already.

She is so lucky you two came into her life and spoil her so. I am sure the feeling between you is mutual.

George Collins said...

Wishing you and Cheyenne many more happy years together!

Garythetourist said...

All of the above.

Anonymous said...

Cheyenne posts are my favorite. She is one lucky dog to spend her golden years with guardians like you.
Cecelia

Conchscooter said...

She is as opinionated as I am...

Ginney Camden said...

I think it's safe to say that you and Cheyenne are both blessed to have each other!