Sunday, June 21, 2015

Everglades Monochrome

I sent this picture to my wife and in the text I noted it was my effort to imitate Clyde Butcher noted Florida photographer:
 I was riding the Everglades Friday exploring some dirt roads known and unknown to me in the Big Cypress Seminole Reservation. Snake Road:

 Florida mountains, Butcher calls them. They weren't very anvil-like, more like puffy white cotton wool balls, not at all like summer thunderheads.
I didn't actually need to use the spare gallon of gas though it was comforting to have it with me as the back country can be lonely.
 In the end the Vespa did fine in the Everglades- it was on the home stretch getting back to the Keys that the engine decided it had given it's all and it expired in the 18 Mile Stretch.
But that is another story. Maybe tomorrow...?

3 comments:

Dar said...

I like the monochrome pictures. Looks like you had a very nice ride today ,

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that. I was rooting for you and the Vespa. At least you got a good trip on her. Scooter Vic

Trobairitz said...

Nice choice of black and white. Really like the drama of that first picture.

Hope the Vespa is a quick an easy fix. It's Italian, how finicky can it be, right? :-)