Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Dog Walking

Just because she's old Cheyenne hasn't changed much. She's stubborn, independent, solitary and she still likes to see the world. I walked to the car and she struggled to her feet and pottered to her place at the back door.

Sometimes Labradors want a walk. So I took her to Key West and after I'd finished the morning's business we went for a walk on Wiliam Street.

She didn't walk one block before she needed a rest, but she is as curious as ever. Her scabby skin is healing slowly after an intense course of antibiotics, she is lumpy with tumors but her eyes sparkle and she is still keen to sniff everything.

An old Captain Outrageous bike pressed into daily duty didn't interest her but she paused while I took a picture. Old habits don't change, she's been stopping for my picture taking since December 2009. She has always been patient with me.

It's my turn to be patient with her while she pauses to catch her breath.

A bit further on another pause on the other side of the Old Harris School listed I believe for a preposterous $17,000,000. It's an empty shell unused for years. Recently tented for termites.

Carsten Lane looking lovely as always in the sun. My dog not looking bad at all.

And home for a nap or two.

Long may she last.

5 comments:

Josephine said...

Your dog is such a cutie, she looks just like mine! Wish I could enjoy the weather you have when I take Bella on walks. Thanks for the post!

Conchscooter said...

Cheyenne actually likes it cold and dry...perverse dog.

SalParadise said...

My old lab loved to swim during this stage in life . I would throw a float about 30 feet out and he would bring it back to me. If you could find a swim area you might find that it reinvigorates their joints and muscles.

David Masse said...

Michael, it was a privilege to meet Cheyenne. I can still picture her lying on our cool tile floor in the kitchen while we chatted in the next room.

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope Cheyenne feels better soon and gets rid of that rash.