I miss Key West quite a lot but like most temporary residents I miss specifics of the years I was there. “The past is another country- they do things differently there.” I can’t wait to go back when we get back to the States. It’s fun to be a tourist in Key West. As you know.
There was a time there about five in the morning there was some question of whether it would continue. I look back and feel I earned my own freedom in retirement getting through that stuff.
That was a welcome blast from the past. Your Key West meanders and tales where always a ray of light on soggy grey days here on the other side of the pond in Liverpool. I have been following for years, through your ups, downs and WTF's !!!... and read every day, living vicariously through "Team Lost" - M
Very kind of you to say. We leave on Wednesday so travels will I hope resume as we go west. It’s been a long strange journey so far as you have noted and we don’t plan to stop for a while. Watching British politics is a healthy reminder things are plenty weird everywhere. I hope Burnham delivers.
6 comments:
Do you ever miss it?
Ah Irma…. That’s when I started reading your blog.
I miss Key West quite a lot but like most temporary residents I miss specifics of the years I was there. “The past is another country- they do things differently there.” I can’t wait to go back when we get back to the States. It’s fun to be a tourist in Key West. As you know.
There was a time there about five in the morning there was some question of whether it would continue. I look back and feel I earned my own freedom in retirement getting through that stuff.
That was a welcome blast from the past. Your Key West meanders and tales where always a ray of light on soggy grey days here on the other side of the pond in Liverpool. I have been following for years, through your ups, downs and WTF's !!!... and read every day, living vicariously through "Team Lost" - M
Very kind of you to say. We leave on Wednesday so travels will I hope resume as we go west. It’s been a long strange journey so far as you have noted and we don’t plan to stop for a while. Watching British politics is a healthy reminder things are plenty weird everywhere. I hope Burnham delivers.
Post a Comment