Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Tuesday Pizza

The German contingent in the campground has thinned out with two overlanders leaving. They waved in friendly fashion when we walked by but there was no interest in conversing so I never got their stories.
Two German women showed up in a strange boxy machine that apparently runs on Iveco parts and are looking for Chris to replace some transmission seals. They chatted with us a bit so I hope we will get to hear more. Our first package has arrived and more are supposed to follow on soon, so that is some good news.
We went out for pizza us four English speakers  and we met some authentic Italian speakers, so I obliged my wife and admitted my ancestry to them. We talked Italian.  
The pizza was Ca pretty good too:
We had a pretty well lubricated evening too and the Argentine wine was pretty good also.
And then when Monica our Brazilian waitress asked if we needed another bottle who were we to say no? 
And after the pizza and wine they brought fresh glasses…
…and with those glasses we tackled limoncello, original and creamy.
I’m pleased to report the campground was quiet next morning but I wasn’t hung over. Robert had some story about genetic predispositions to hang overs but I’m not buying.
Layne made breakfast for lunch a robust egg in the hold using the bread baked by Astrid right here at Pequeña Baviera:
I’m a third of the way through Winds of War, the weather has turned cool and overcast so I’ve been drinking more tea and that in turn requires more walking to go pee.
Life drifts along here though Layne is anxious for our parts to arrive and get going and I don’t blame her but I’m trying to stay zen as this is South America.
Chris came by after picking up the first of our packages from the States. The parts aren’t anything we can install by themselves so we need a few more of the four boxes to show up. Meanwhile Chris is fixing a Ditch Land Cruiser and then Robert has a water leak in his kitchen and then we hope to get out of here by the weekend.
That would be nice to be on our way, possibly after one last pizza visit. It was that good. 


 










No comments: